Prime Minister Narendra Modi has delivered a keynote address at the 6th World Government Summit, where he was the chief guest in Dubai, on the theme “Technology for development”.
ABOUT WORLD GOVERNMENT SUMMIT
• The World Government Summit is a knowledge exchange platform which provides an intersection of government, futurism, technology, and innovation. It functions as a think tank and networking hub for policymakers, experts and pioneers in human development. It also showcases innovations, best practices, and smart solutions to inspire creativity to tackle the future challenges.
• Partners: The International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Bank, the World Economic Forum, the UN, the Organisation for Economic Co-0peration and Development (OECD), the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development, the Dubai Municipality, and El Centro Latinamericano de Adimistracion para el Desarollo.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a four-day tri-nation tour to Palestine, the United Arab Emirates(UAE) and Oman and the visit, is his second state visit to the UAE after August 2015.
• Technology, a miracle:During the summit, PM talked about the importance of technology as a key to improve human lives and an important factor in the development of a nation. Technology can transform even a desert, he cited Dubai as an example for the world.
• Six R: PM stressed on the environment and pointed out six steps, six “R”- reduce, recycle, recover, remanufacture, redesign-, which will eventually bring us to Rejoice.
• Terrorism: India and UAE, both the nations condemned theuse of terrorism by states as aninstrument of state policy.
• Gulf countries, a home of India: PM described India and UAE relationship as great partners and thanked gulf countries to provide home to almost 30 lakh people of India
• PM Modi met with the business leaders of the Gulf Cooperation Council and stressed on economic cooperation opportunities in India and the series of reforms taken by the Modi government in recent years.
• First Hindu Temple: PM Modi unveiled a replica of the first Hindu temple- Swaminarayan in UAE, that will be completed by 2020. The temple will be the first ever stone temple in the Middle East and will be hand-carved by Indian temple artisans and assembled in UAE.
• PM also addressed Indian diaspora and promised to work hard to bring out the phase of minimum government and maximum governance to create a ‘new India’.
• PM Modi signed eight agreements with Oman including military cooperation, legal and judicial cooperation, health, tourism, peaceful use of outer space.
• PM Modi and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan have signed five agreements including awarding a consortium of Indian oil companies, a 10% stake in offshore oil concession, energy sector, railways, manpower and financial services.
• India and the UAE will also hold a bilateral naval exercise to attain maritime security in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf region.
• The winner of the Best m-Government Service Award for the Accessible Government Category is India’s Umang.
• The winner of the Best m-Government Service Award for the Effective Mobility Category is UK’s City Mapper.
• The winner of the Best m-Government Service Award for the Protecting Human Life Category is UAE’s Dubai Police.
• The winner of the Best m-Government Service Award for the Enhancing Social & Cultural Awareness Category is My Hong Kong Guide
• The winner of the Best m-Government Service Award for the Building Knowledge Category is Jordan’s Edraak
• The winner of the Best m-Government Service Award for the Enabling Business Category to Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
• The winner of the Best m-Government Service Award for the Sustainable Living Category is France’s eCO2Mix
• Winner of the Best Government Emerging Technologies Award, are Australia’s National Cities Performance Framework, Tanzania’s portable DNA sequence device, and India’s Aadhaar
• The 1st Place Winner of the World’s Virtual GovHack Award, is Clean Water A.I, second and third place goes to Cycle and Smart Tenders respectively.
• The winner of the Edge of Government Award is Mobilizing Constructions from Kenya.
• The winner of the Global Universities Challenge is the London Business School